Want to try asparagus but not sure how to cook it? Here is a super easy garlic baked asparagus recipe with little prep and no-touch cooking. Asparagus is high in folic acid, potassium, and vitamin C. According to Livestrong.com, it is one of the most nutritional rich vegetables. It also contains fiber and antioxidants for healthy cell growth. This is a great addition to get kids eating healthy! All ingredients can be adjusted for taste (you can minimize or leave out the garlic for young palates! Simply use another seasoning or omit.)
Don’t let the fear of cooking this vegetable keep you from eating it! Just throw all ingredients in the pan and let it cook. In 30-45 minutes you have a soft, healthy, and delicious asparagus side dish!
Garlic Baked Asparagus Recipe
Here’s what you need:
- Asparagus (about 1 lb)
- 1/4 c Olive Oil
- 2 T Minced Garlic
- 1 t Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/4 c Grated Parmesan (divided)
- Wash and cut asparagus and lay flat in baking dish
- Drizzle with about 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Add 2 T minced garlic and 1t Lemon Pepper seasoning evenly over asparagus. (Amounts may vary based on how much asparagus your are using).
- Sprinkle about half of grated parmesan on top
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. If you prefer more crisp asparagus, cook only 30 minutes. 45 minutes will leave the asparagus nice and soft.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining grated Parmesan and serve!
This is a great side dish for steak! And I am always looking for recipes that are quick and easy prep. A healthy diet for Mom and kids doesn’t have to mean growing an organic garden and spending hours in the kitchen. There are always ways to simplify and make easy swap-outs. Make sure you subscribe below to get more healthy, easy recipes!!!