Preview: If you’re a mom, you already possess all the skills needed to rock Black Friday Shopping. Parenting and Black Friday shopping really aren’t much different after all…
If you are out scouring the Black Friday sales, you have to deal with demanding shoppers, cranky salespeople, and lots of waiting. If you are a parent, none of that is new to you. Grab your Black Friday shirts, plan your Black Friday deal tips, and read this Black Friday humor so you are ready to shop ’til you drop like a toddler at naptime!
Black Friday Shopping: humor and humility
A few years ago (before I had kids) I was in Walmart when it “opened” for the Black Friday deals. There was a fist fight in the front of the store over a television.
I have never returned to Walmart on Black Friday again. Truth be told, I am more of a Cyber Monday kind of girl (it feeds my Amazon obsession). I do go to the mall on Black Friday but mostly because it’s a
fun family tradition. I have not yet seen a brawl in Build A Bear but I’m sure it will happen one day.
Black Friday shoppers remind me of my kids. In fact, kids usually have better behavior than black Friday shoppers. At least kids will usually hold the door for you. Plus, they get distracted by their iPads so you can easily cut in front of them in line… wait, what?
Think about it though: people throwing things, everyone yelling, shoppers complaining because they have to stand in line. You’re a mom. This is your EVERY trip to the mall. The whiners are just a little taller on Black Friday.
If you are a mom, Black Friday shopping should not scare you. In fact, nothing should scare you anymore. Crowds of cranky people are nothing more than an oversized group of preschoolers waiting for nap time. You totally got this.
If you can survive parenting, Black Friday is a walk in the park.
This post contains affiliate links which means I could earn a commission from the company for referring you to their site. It contributes to my Cyber Monday fund and allows me to keep sharing these amusing parenting moments with you here on my blog.
10 Ways Parenting prepares you for Black Friday shopping
1. You can hold 17 boxes, 4 hangers, your purse, and a diaper bag while swaddling your infant and holding your toddler’s hand.
2. You are used to “holding it” and can go six hours without a bathroom break if necessary
3. You can completely tune-out screams and loud noises
4. You can run an obstacle course of toys and clothes all over the floor without even a stumble
5. You aren’t phased by people crying because they can’t get a toy
6. You have enough snacks in your purse to eat three square meals and not have to stop at the food court or get out of line
7. You can break up a fight with one hand (and even force an apology between involved parties)
8. You can tame a tantrum with a single “look”
9. Your minivan can hold 3 dozen shopping bags, a Step 2 kitchen set, and a snow blower for dad without having to run home and unload the car
10. You can handle cranky, hungry, whiny, people who need a nap like it’s your job!
I designed a t-shirt for you to let the other shoppers know 😉 Click on the shirt to get it!
Find additional colors and styles: https://www.sunfrog.com/146502933-1210478578.html?28586
See, all those years of dragging screaming children to the mall was good for something. You learned patience, built up your biceps lifting kids off the floor, and now you can go get great deals on Black Friday because you are a Chaos Master.
Parenting and Black Friday really are quite the same.