Easy Halloween Treat- Spooky Krispy Snacks!
Did you just remember that you are in charge of treats for your kid’s school party? Are you too busy to bake but need a Halloween treat for a party or just to celebrate with family? I’ve got you covered! Rice Krispies cereal, marshmallows, butter, candy sprinkles, a few pieces of Halloween treats- and you’re done in 15 minutes.
Have you heard my rule about recipes? If baking powder is an ingredient- I don’t even finish reading the recipe. I talked about it in the recipe for Easy Parmesan Noodles. As a WAH Mom, I normally don’t have time to bake from “scratch”. Mom’s are busy. I know you are too so I’ll keep this one short and sweet. Let’s get right to it!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 6 cups cereal (Rice Krispies for similar)
- 1/4 cup sprinkles (in Halloween colors and/or shapes)
- 1 cup Candy (candy corn pieces)
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in large pot on medium heat
- Add marshmallows and continue stirring until most lumps are gone
- Slowly add cereal and continue to stir (my mom always added two cups at a time so it remained possible to stir well)
- Stir in one cup of candy corn until distributed
- Stir in about 1/4 cup of sprinkles. Amounts of candy corn and sprinkles can be adjusted to desired taste.
- Using a spatula (sprayed with cooking spray to avoid sticking), spread mixture evenly on baking pan.
- Allow to cool and harden before cutting.
Are you familiar with Yummly? It’s an awesome recipe site! Read more here: LINK.
This Halloween spin on and old favorite is easy and festive. (The original Rice Krispies recipe is from Kellogg’s: LINK) You can be ready for the party and look like you spent time preparing- even though you didn’t. Now get back to whatever you were doing!
This is sure to be your new go-to Halloween treat!
Leave a Reply