Precious Father’s Day fingerprint poem to Dad from kids!
Give Dad a handmade gift from the heart this year: a personalized Fingerprint poem for Father’s Day! This free Father’s Day handprint poem printable includes an original poem with a blank space at the bottom for kids to add their fingerprints or handprints!
Free printable Father’s Day poem for preschoolers is the perfect addition to our Preschool Fingerprints Poems collection!
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases).
Dad doesn’t want a tie this year! And how many coffee mugs can one man have?!
He really wants a gift made with the sweet little hands that contain the finger Daddy is wrapped around!
This free printable includes two versions: a version using wording to be from ONE child and a second version using wording to be from MULTIPLE CHILDREN. You get both versions via email when you sign up below!
How to make a Fingerprint Poem for Dad:
- Get the free printable by filling out the form below and I’ll send it right over via email! (*Don’t forget to check for a confirmation email!)
- Print out the poem on your home printer
- Help your child (or children) add a handprint to the bottom of the page. Follow the tips below for a successful hand print!
Other Fingerprint poems for Dad:
Tips for making the Father’s Day Fingerprint Poem:
I have made soooo many handprint crafts from my preschool handprint poem collection and I have found some tricks (by trial and error!) that I want to share to make the process as easy as possible for you!
– Printing on card stock makes for a more sturdy keepsake
– The poem is black and white to make for easy printing. Have the kids add some coloring or stickers to make it their own!
– You may want to print more than one copy in case the child has difficulty getting a good print on the first try
– Get a “cleaner” (less smudged) print by helping the child press straight down, holding a few seconds, then raising the hand straight up
– The space at the bottom should easily fit a handprint. Use a lighter colored paint in case the prints go over the wording it will still be readable. (And it looks super cute!)
– Be sure to use kid-safe paints! This is what I use: PAINT
– Instead of dipping their hands in paint, use a larger brush to apply the paint to the child’s hands (It’s much less messy!)
– Have lots of paper towels ready to keep the mess to a minimum
– Allow to dry completely then add to a frame so dad can keep it forever!
You might also like:
- Easy and sweet $1 gift for Dad!
- Tiny Fingerprints- A Poem for Mom on Mother’s Day
- Adorable Fingerprint poem for Grandparents Day from kids! Free printable!
This fun printable Father’s Day fingerprints poem is a sweet gift idea for toddlers, for preschool, for kindergarten or kids of any age!