Use this hands-free tip to find your missing cell phone in your house!
We’ve all been there. You are running late, no one can find their “other” shoe, and your cell phone is lost somewhere in your house. You have NO IDEA where you left it- or rather, where your son left it while he was using it to play Minecraft. You either have to track down the home phone first (if you even have one!) or search the entire house for your missing phone- leaving enough time for your children to disrobe and need to pee…making you even more late.
Here is an easy HANDS-FREE trick to help you find your missing cell phone in your house. You can find and ring your phone without having to put down Junior, your purse, the diaper bag, and the snack lunch box- to look for your phone.
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you make purchase through a link I provide here, I get a small commission at no additional cost to you. (Learn more about how bloggers make money.)
Find your missing cell phone in your house:
Here’s what you need:
- Amazon Echo (aka Alexa) or any Echo enabled device
- TrackR app (Free on iTunes or Android)
- Install TrackR app on your phone
- Follow the prompts in the app to get set up
- Enable the skill by telling Alexa “Alexa, enable Find My Phone skill”
- Connect TrackR to Alexa (the TrackR app will prompt you through the entire process)
- Tell your Echo “Alexa, ask TrackR for my PIN code”
- Enter PIN in TrackR app
- Test by telling the Echo “Alexa, tell TrackR to find my phone”. She will tell you the last known location (probably your address) and ask if you would like her to ring your phone. Say yes. An alert will sound on your phone even if it is on silent!
Phone= Found! Now you can get out the door on time without a mad search to find your missing cell phone! Hey, it may seems like a small thing but this could actually save you time and stress. Anything that helps you avoid stressful situations with your kids is a parenting win.
If you are having trouble finding other objects, TrackR also makes a small tile you can attach to your purse, luggage, pets, or other objects you often lose. The app can ring the tile and help you find your item!
Did you know you can get a refurbished Echo at a discount? Find out more : Five Little Known Tips to Save Money On Amazon
pssst.. Have you seen the new Echo Play? It has a SCREEN!!! You can “watch video flash briefings and YouTube, see music lyrics, security cameras, photos, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, and more. All hands-free”… Because Mom never has enough hands!
So now that you can find your missing cell phone hands-free, where are your keys 😉
Leave a Reply