Preview: A fun Finding Dory craft idea so your kids can have a fish from their favorite movie but you won’t have to care for a real aquarium!
Looking for a Finding Dory craft idea? This is an easy, water-free, Finding Dory craft activity for preschoolers or any Nemo/Dory fan!
A Dory and friends aquarium is a fun DIY kids activity idea to make at a Finding Dory birthday party! They could even be used as party favors.
Finding Dory Craft
Have you seen the newest Disney blockbuster? The lovable, forgetful Dory has made a big impressions on so many hearts. And now all of our kids are asking for a fish…
Dory is a blue tang which is a salt water fish. They are expensive (the fish alone cots between $50 and $100- the tank could be thousands!) and can be difficult to care for. Even Disney doesn’t want you to buy one! (Click on the LINK; then scroll down to the Responsible Fish Ownership PDF).
We watched Finding Dory at the drive-in and immediately my kids were asking if we could get a fish. They are not old enough to care for a fish tank and, let’s be honest, I have my hands full taking care of them. I needed an alternative that makes everyone happy! And they were not satisfied with my Finding Dory cereal..
How about a Finding Dory craft aquarium that you don’t have to clean, feed, or pay thousands of dollars for?! I want to share my idea with you so we can all celebrate their new found love of that little blue fish with this adorable Finding Dory craft aquarium (and not have to worry about cleaning the tank ;))
(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.)
Here’s what you need for your Finding Dory Craft Aquarium:
- Clear plastic cup
- green pipe cleaner
- school glue or craft glue (this is the craft glue I use)
- Finding Dory stickers
- Put a small amount of glue on the bottom of the clear cup
- Add Cheerios to cover the bottom plus about another about 1/2 inch or so (of Cheerios) to represent aquarium rocks.
- Cut green pipe cleaners into 3 small sections (about 3″ or so) and bend into “seaweed like” shapes. Twist the 3 sections together at the bottom.
- Carefully place the pipe cleaner seaweed in the Cheerios and add a drop or two of glue to hold in place.
- While the glue is drying, create the “fish on the stick” using toothpicks and stickers.
- Find two stickers of the same character that match up pretty closely in shape. It does not have to be an exact match.
- Place toothpick about half-way down the sticky side of one sticker.
- Match up shape (as best as you can) and adhere sticky side of second sticker to sticky side of first sticker.
- Trim toothpick with scissors if necessary
- Repeat with additional desired characters
- Carefully position each toothpick into the Cheerio base in deserved location. Add a dot or two of glue to help hold in place.
- Add any additional aquarium decor (for example, the star fish in the photo).
- Allow to dry and enjoy your Finding Dory craft aquarium!!!
For more fun for kids, follow HappyPlaceMom on Pinterest!
Now you can enjoy Dory, Nemo, and any other fishy friends without the care and expense of a live fish! Everyone wins! Well, at least until the next Disney Blockbuster comes out 😉 Just keep yourself busy waiting with your Mommy & Me Finding Dory craft!