Preview: Simple DIY, free, printable Fingerprint poem for grandparents from their favorite little kids!
Grandma and Grandpa will have the best Grandparents’ Day ever with this adorable handmade gift from their favorite little grandkids! Grab this free printable fingerprint poem for grandparents and let them add their handprints for the best sentimental gift from the heart! Fingerprint poems for preschoolers, toddlers, and kids are the gift grandparents really want this year!
Wondering what to get grandparents for Grandparents’ Day?
There will never be any relationship sweeter than a child and his/her grandparents. <3 Do you remember running into your grandma’s house, making yourself at home, and feeling like you were the most important person in her world?
If you are lucky enough to have had those wonderful days with your grandparents, you know how fleeting time can be. My grandma has advanced Alzheimer’s and she doesn’t know who I am anymore, so I know first hand how precious every moment truly is.
I will always treasure the memories of sitting in her hall while she did her hair as she told me about the adventures she had when she was little. She loved egg custard pie (gross, right?!) and when she was young she would hide it so no one else would eat it. No one tried, lol! I am lucky that I can still hug her even though she doesn’t know what egg custard pie is anymore.
This year, let’s make a big deal about Grandparent’s Day! Fuss over them, hug them extra tight, and let Grandma and Grandpa know how truly important they are to you!
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases.)
Gift Ideas for Grandparents’ Day (from grandkids)
What can the kids get their Grandma or Grandpa for Grandparents’ Day? Well, a gift from the heart of course!
Preserving that special bond with a keepsake gift is the most heartwarming idea for Grandparents’ Day. Grandma and Grandpa just love to reminisce about the fun they had with their grandbabies! Memories, traditions, and good old fashioned fun are always the perfect gift!
(You might also find some sweet ideas here: The most MEANINGFUL gift ideas for Mom!)
Here are a few Grandparents’ Day gift ideas the will love!–
- Make a photo album of some sweet moments between grandparent/child. Have it printed as a hard photobook if you have time.
- Have a calendar made with pictures of their grandchildren!
- Consider a gift card for an experience they can do with their grandchildren or as a family. Maybe a movie theater night, a theme park, ice cream shop, or even a fun dinner out!
- Create something customized like this adorable picture with the kids’ birthdates!
- Get your child to draw a picture and have it made into a keychain or necklace like this: Keychain Necklace
- Have the children hand-make a gift such as a drawing, a card, or this sweet fingerprint poem below (with their little handprints of course!).
Handmade DIY Grandparents’ Day gift kids can make themselves!
This sweet fingerprints poem with space for kids to add their cute little handprints is sure to win Grandparents’ Day this year!
This is a free printable poem. It is exclusive for the Happy Moms newsletter list but you can join free below and I will send the poem right over for you to print!
Some tips for getting the best results with kids making their own handprints:
- Always use kid-safe paints! Safety first!
- Protect your work service and use old clothes (common sense cautions!)
- Printing on card stock will give you a stronger surface for handprints and will hold up better to paint
- Print several copies as it may take more than one try to get a good one!
- Try applying the paint to their little hands with a paintbrush instead of having them try to dip (much less messy)
- Use the straight down, straight up technique for getting a good print (like we did here)
- Have wet paper towels ready for quick clean up!
- After it dries, add the finished product to a nice frame so they can proudly display their treasure!
I hope Grandma and Grandpa enjoy their special gift!
This fun printable fingerprints poem for grandparents is the perfect Grandparents’ Day gift idea for toddlers, for preschool, for kindergarten or kids of any age!