This adorable fingerprint poem to dad from son will make dad so proud on his special day!
Nothing makes a dad prouder than his little mini-me following him everywhere he goes! Surprise him with this fingerprint poem to dad from son on Father’s Day, Dad’s birthday, or any day you want to show him how special and everlasting the dad-son bond will always be!
(It’s the perfect fingerprint poem for preschoolers to use as a Father’s Day school craft!)
(This post contains affilaite links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases)
Need a to Dad from DAUGHTER? Get that one here: The Sweetest Fingerprint Poem to Dad from Daughter!
The special bond of dads and sons
Have you ever seen a man more proud than the day he finds out he is having a son?
We have two beautiful baby girls but the day my husband learned he was going to have a little boy to hunt and fish with him- well, that’s a moment almost every dad secretly (or not-so-secretly) wishes for. It fills Dad’s heart to think of having someone to watch football with, take golfing, throw around a ball in the yard, and teach everything he knows.
Yes, I know girls can do all of this too- and they do- but this poem is about dads and sons <3
Even Dad noticed his boy grows up too fast…
One day dad has a brand new bouncing baby boy but with the blink of an eye, that baby is a full-grown man meeting dad for a beer to watch the game or meet on the golf course Saturday morning.
He wants to keep his little boy little for as long as he possibly can. While I wish I could stop time and let Mom and Dad both enjoy their kids for a little longer, all I can offer is a way to create a keepsake of their sweet little hands while they still fit easily on a piece of paper <3
This free printable poem is a great resource for teachers to use as a free printable Father’s Day poem to use in the classroom! (It also pairs perfectly with the Mother’s Day fingerprint poem!) You can also grab the to Dad from Daughter poem here!
What gift do you get the dad who has everything?
A gift from the heart, of course!
While there is still time, give dad the perfect gift for Father’s Day, a way to remember his son as the perfect little boy is now!
What could be a better birthday gift idea for dad than a way to remember his little boy and those little hands that begged Daddy to play catch every day. Just grab the free printable poem below, print it out, and add your child’s little handprints! Easy and free- the best kind of gift 😉
We have also made this super easy hand-trace frame for Father’s Day with a DAD frame from the dollar store:
Tips for using the DIY fingerprint poem to dad from son:
– Printing on card stock makes for a more sturdy keepsake
– The poem is black and white to make for easy printing. Have the kids add some coloring or stickers to make it their own!
– You may want to print more than one copy in case the child has difficulty getting a good print on the first try
– Be sure to use kid-safe paints! This is what I use: PAINT
– Get a “cleaner” (less smudged) print by helping the child press straight down, holding a few seconds, then raising the hand straight up
– The space at the bottom should easily fit a handprint. Use a lighter colored paint in case the prints go over the wording it will still be readable. (And it looks super cute!)
– Instead of dipping their hands in paint, use a larger brush to apply the paint to the child’s hands (It’s much less messy!)
– Have lots of paper towels ready to keep the mess to a minimum
-Allow to dry completely then add to a frame so dad can keep it forever!
It is amazing to see how much these handprints change from year to year. Squeeze those babies while you can!
I hope this Fingerprint poem to dad from son warms Dad’s heart on his special day!