Ok so I racked my brain (and my kitchen) to find a Halloween lunch. As usual, there is no time for anything except easy. I managed to keep my 2yo busy with a Halloween project and the baby playing in the high chair so I have about 10-15 minutes before someone gets bored and tries to run! Ah, the life of a SAHM. Here’s what I threw together:
And Here’s what you need:
- turkey burger patty
- 1 slice cheese (2% or skim is healthier)
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 T ketchup
- 1 apple
- Cook the turkey burger thoroughly on both sides
- While the patty is still warm, add the cheese and trim to fit the burger patty
- Add cheeseburger to a slice of whole wheat bread (or bun)
- Trim the edges of everything to match the burger shape
- Add dabs of ketchup and use a toothpick to shape eyes, a mouth, and some fangs
- Cut apple slices to make the hat brim and point
- Serve on a fun Halloween plate!
I think I managed to get all four food groups! Breakfast did include some candy pieces so I wanted to make up for it with a healthy lunch. It’s not easy to stick to healthy with all of this trick-or-treat candy lying around!
Happy & healthy Halloween!