Milk Duds, cinnamon, pretzels, and 10 minutes to make this addicting snack!
Looking for a way to use up all of those Milk Duds from trick-or-treating? Or maybe you just love a sweet and salty treat. These Milk Duds pretzel snaps are a delicious combination of gooey caramel and sweet chocolate topped with cinnamon over a crunchy pretzel. These are the perfect fall snack for those chilly evenings sitting around the fire or cozied up on the couch. (and a great recipe to use up leftover Halloween candy!)
What can I make with leftover Milk Duds?
Have a bunch of boxes of Milk Duds leftover from Halloween? Or maybe you are just a super fan of the sweet chocolate and gooey caramel combination of Milk Dud treats?!
Break open those boxes and get ready for a delicious sweet indulgence! You are about 15 minutes away from a delectable chocolatey, crunchy treat.
One Halloween I noticed we had numerous yellow boxes left in the candy bowl. I am pretty strict with my kids eating healthy so I ration the sweets (I know, I’m a meany!). I couldn’t let these yummy candies go to waste and I wanted a fun and delicious way to use up!
These are SO easy to make and they are perfect when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth like-NOW! About 5 minutes prep and 10 in the oven and you are enjoying this delectable combination of sweet and salty goodness!
(This treat would be delicious with cinnamon vanilla dessert coffee or slow cooker hot chocolate
Caution: These are addicting! Bet you can’t eat just one 😉
Milk Duds Pretzel Snaps with Cinnamon
Here’s what you need:
Cinnamon (or cinnamon sugar)
~ You can make as many or as little as you’d like! Just match one Milk Dud for each pretzel
- Preheat oven to 275
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Arrange mini pretzels in a single layer on the parchment paper
- Place one Milk Duds candy on each pretzel
- Bake at 275 for 8-10 minutes. You want the Milk Duds to start melting and be soft but not end up a chocolate/caramel puddle
- Remove from oven and (carefully) sprinkle with cinnamon WHILE THE CHOCOLATE IS STILL HOT. Use cinnamon sugar for a sweeter treat. Adding the cinnamon as soon as the pretzels/candies come out of the oven allows the cinnamon to stick.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Parchment paper allows for easy clean up since chocolate and caramel can make a sticky mess when they melt. Use caution when adding cinnamon to hot candies (the baking sheet will be hot!). Remember to cool completely because the caramel inside the Milk Duds can be very hot!
If you prefer a sweeter treat, mix about 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon together in a (sealed) plastic baggie and shake to mix. Then sprinkle over the warm candies for an extra sweet treat!
You could add a few sprinkles of sea salt to make this a cinnamon, sea salt, caramel, chocolate, pretzel treat!
Be sure to pin it when you need to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Milk Duds Pretzel Snaps with sweet cinnamon dusting
- Mini pretzels
- Milk Duds
- Cinnamon (or cinnamon sugar)
- Preheat oven to 275
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Arrange mini pretzels in a single layer on the parchment paper
4. Place one Milk Duds candy on each pretzel
5. Bake at 275 for 8-10 minutes. You want the Milk Duds to start melting and be soft but not end up a chocolate/caramel puddle
6. Remove from oven and (carefully) sprinkle with cinnamon WHILE THE CHOCOLATE IS STILL HOT. Use cinnamon sugar for a sweeter treat. Adding the cinnamon as soon as the pretzels/candies come out of the oven allows the cinnamon to stick. Allow to cool before eating (the caramel gets really hot!).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, now I am craving a treat and these Milk Duds pretzel snaps are calling my name… !
Carrie Becker says
Oh Yum! So simple for a great tasting treat! I can’t wait to make them!
Wow.Yummy recipe.I will definitely try it out.
Mine started puddling after only 5 minutes! There was still plenty of dud on the pretzel though. These are a little too good…I ate too many!