Preview- Super easy smores dessert cups make a delicious treat- even as a last-minute dessert!
If you are looking for a super easy, last minutes dessert idea, then Smores Dessert cups are your new favorite dessert! Chocolate, marshmallows, graham crackers, and wonton wrappers are the secret to a delicious and quick after-school snack or movie night treat!
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases)
Melty marshmallows and sweet chocolate in a flaky, crispy crust…
These S’mores dessert cups are my favorite 20-minute dessert! They are so super easy to make- you can even leave the mixing bowl in the cupboard! You can throw these together as a surprise after-school treat or last-minute dessert.
I made these on a whim one Saturday night trying to use up the wonton wrappers before they expired. We had made pizza cups for lunch earlier in the week and I wanted to make a fast, simple dessert for the kids.
I love to turn things into S’mores- like my famous S’mores oatmeal (well, it’s famous in my house anyway 😉 ) and this was no exception! You can also use the leftover marshmallows to hot top hot chocolate pancakes in the morning!
These dessert cups also make a yummy appetizer when served warm. We often do an indoor camping night with a tent in the living room and a “campfire” (thanks to the campfire playset from Learning Resources). This is the best way to eat your campfire smores without the actual campfire!
To make smores dessert cups you need:
Wonton wrappers (I use the smaller, 4×4 inch square wrappers from Frieda’s wonton wrappers)
Large Marshmallows (We LOVE Smash Mallow marshmallows- they are non-GMO, gluten-free, and free of artificial ingredients! Plus, they come in fun flavors!)
Chocolate morsels (You can use any flavor- make it fun with butterscotch, mint chocolate, or peanut butter morsels)
How to bake smores dessert cups:
Use a cupcake tray and bake about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cooking time will vary so keep an eye on the edges so they don’t burn!
- 1 package square wonton wrappers (4"x4" size)
- 12 Large marshmallows
- graham crackers
- Chocolate morsels
- Spray cupcake tray with non-stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 2 wonton wrapper squares in each cupcake section overlapping a few inches to cover the entire hols
- Press down dough in the center to make a place to add marshmallow
- Add one large marshmallow in the center of each section
- Crumble half of a graham cracker into each section on top of the marshmallow. (I like to leave a few larger chunks but you can crumble the cracker as much as you want!)
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon full of chocolate morsels on top of each marshmallow
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes (See notes for baking tips to prevent burning!)
- Allow to cool slightly before serving but eat before the marshmallows cool because they will start to harden and become chewy.
To keep the wonton wrappers from burning but still allowing them to crisp, I place a matching cupcake pan under the pan holding the smores cups and bake them that way. I have also tried putting a baking pan under the cupcake pan with success.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 33Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Nutrition calculations are a general reference only and will not be exact.