Preview: This healthy and light spinach and tomato white pizza recipe makes a perfect lunch or quick dinner!
This light and crispy spinach and tomato white pizza is a quick and healthy lunch idea! It is a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables too! You can easily customize this healthy pizza recipe to fit your dietary needs: Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, keto, or organic options make this pizza a great meal idea for any diet!
(This post contains affilaite links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases.)
Spinach and Tomato White Pizza with Garlic Butter Sauce
Did you ever see that meme that says “Don’t let a recipe tell you how much garlic to put in a dish. You measure that with your heart”? That is how I measure every recipe. There is no such thing as “too much garlic“. When it is coming out of your pores then you have added enough, right?
There are also so many health benefits to eating garlic! It is a powerful anti-inflammatory, great for your heart, boosts your immunity and guess what?- it is even great for your hair and skin! (Source: Cleveland Clinic)
Even if you don’t share my affinity for garlic, this spinach and tomato white pizza is a healthy and easy recipe you can make for lunch or a quick dinner. Like all recipes I make, you can make it your own by adjusting ingredients amounts, omitting, and adding your favorites.
What are the best healthy pizza crust options?
It is best to use a pre-baked crust for this recipe. Raw dough should be baked according to package instuctions before adding sauce and toppings.
- I love these crusts. They are organic and come in a four pack. I use the sauce packs for the kids’ pizza while I make this spinach and tomato pizza for myself 😉 This crust cooks up nice and crispy in only about 8 minutes. This is my favorite crust for parties or feeding a big family!
- Try a cauliflower crust to make this gluten-free and low carb! Cauliflower is naturally gluten-free (but always check the ingredients in the one you choose). This is also a great way to get kids to eat their veggies! You can get cauliflower crust in the frozen section or a convenient baking mix.
- If you are doing keto, low-carb, grain-free, dairy-free or even paleo, Simple Mills makes a gluten-free pizza crust mix. It is made from almond flour and is Certified Gluten-free; free of Grains, Soy, Corn, Dairy & Gums/Emulsifiers; Paleo-Friendly, Vegan and Non-GMO Project Verified. I haven’t tried it yet but it is sitting in my Prime Pantry cart to try next!
How to make organic pizza
This may seem a bit obvious but using all organic ingredients will make this an easy, organic option! Use an organic pizza crust, organic shredded cheese, organic olive oil and garlic, and fresh, organic produce. All of the ingredients I used in this pizza are organic, including the spices with one exception. I have to use dairy free butter which is not organic.
I love Thrive Market for getting quality organic and healthy ingredients delivered to my house (so I do not have to drag 3 little kids shopping in Whole Foods!). They have tons of keto options and it’s a great place to order those hard-to-find items you are looking for. You can use this link to get 25% off your first order!
Tips to make Spinach and Tomato White Pizza even better:
- Use your favorite ingredients! I use dairy free and organic ingredients to meet my family’s needs but regular butter and cheese would work perfectly well!
- The butter I use in this recipe is Earth’s Balance soy-free, dairy-free option. You can use any butter you like! You can also eliminate the butter and just use olive oil if you prefer.
- If you are dairy-free, I love this grated parmesan option! We also use SoDelicious Shredded Mozzerella to keep this dairy free.
- Add your favorite meat! Grilled chicken, sliced steak, or even bacon would be great to turn this lunch pizza into a meal! I would suggest using only fully cooked meat as it will not cook to proper temperature if added to the pizza raw.
- I always make a little extra garlic sauce and keep it in the fridge! It is great on chicken or veggies! Plus, you always have a little extra to make another pizza in a few days 😉 I keep it about a week in the fridge. You may need to heat it a few seconds in the microwave as the fat in the oil will solidify in the fridge.
Can’t you just smell that delicious garlic?!
Spinach and Tomato White Pizza
- 1 pre-made crust of your choice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp Earth's Balance soy-free butter (or any butter)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 /2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 c Spinach (can be chopped) raw
- 1 c Dairy free mozzarella (or any) shredded
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes sliced
- Preheat oven according to directions on crust packaging. I use a store bought crust for convenience so chose your favorite. This would also be amazing on a cauliflower crust!
- Add sauce ingredients in a small bowl. stir until combined.
- Using a basting brush, brush the sauce over crust. Add as much or as little as you like, remembering that the spinach will soak up a bit of the oil.
- Use a spoon to add garlic pieces to the crust (if desired)
- Sprinkle chopped spinach over the sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese of your choice over spinach.
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes over the spinach and cheese
- Sprinkle a bit of extra sauce on the toppings before putting in the oven (optional)
- Cook according to instructions for the crust. I bake this on a ceramic baking sheet at 375 for about 8 minutes. Crust instructions may vary.
- Garnish with extra garlic butter/oil sauce and grated Parmesan if desired.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
This pizza is best enjoyed as soon as possible after baking. (After it cools to safely touch of course!) I have not had good luck with reheating but that may depend on the crust you choose. If you do keep leftovers, they should be refrigerated and discarded after a day.
Other reipes you might like:
- Apple Barbecue Pork Glaze
- Cheesy Cajun Baked Asparagus Recipe
- Gooey Cinnamon Sweet Potato Medallions Recipe your kids won’t be able to resist!
- This healthy twist on breakfast brownies will knock your socks off:
I hope you find this spinach and tomato white pizza recipe as delicious and healthy as I do!