Preview: This toddler cereal recipe is easy, healthy, and sure to be a hit with even the pickiest eaters (aka toddlers)! Just three ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen already and virtually no prep!
Looking for easy toddler breakfast ideas? Even picky eaters will love this healthy, no-bake breakfast cereal. The graham crackers and bananas are soft enough for even the youngest toddler as a first food.
(This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases)
What can toddlers eat for breakfast?
This is a recipe dear to my heart.
My Mom has always told us that her “Grandpap” used to make this cereal. Now my grandmother is in her 80’s so if her dad ate it as a child, we are talking over 100 years ago! That’s four generations of parents feeding this same toddler cereal recipe to their children. It has to be good if it has last all these years, right?
I think it has last because it is homemade and comforting. Toddlers are picky eaters to begin with so trying to sneak some whole grains, almond butters, or -dare I say it- greens into their diet can be a battle.
This is a nice option when you are trying to avoid processed cereals full of artificial colors, sugar, and who know what else. The best part of homemade is that you can control the ingredients!
If you are looking for ways to get healthy foods into your child’s diet, this is a simple recipe with little prep that is a great start to their day. This is a perfect recipe to add breastmilk or formula to for added nutrition. Toddler cereal, child cereal, adult cereal- this is healthy and delicious for “kids” of all ages 😉
Honestly, I still eat this as an adult sometimes.
- Graham Crackers
- Your choice of milk (or formula/breastmilk depending on age)
- Cut up bananas into small pieces (you can even mash the banana for young toddlers)
- Break 2 whole graham crackers into smaller pieces and add to bowl with bananas.
- Add milk (or formal/breastmilk) to bananas and graham crackers
- Graham crackers will soften a lot (and quite quickly) in the milk which makes this a nice recipe for toddlers. Make the banana and cracker pieces as small as is appropriate for the child's age/ability to chew or mash food.
How to make toddler breakfast fun (and healthy):
-Use cinnamon graham crackers and add a dash of cinnamon on top of cereal. I like these organic graham crackers
-Add blueberries/strawberries for a little serving of fruit
-Top with chocolate morsels or sprinkles to entice toddlers to eat it!
-Use shaped grahams instead of regular graham crackers for a fun breakfast. I like these alphabet ones for a little learning with breakfast 😉 I used Finding Dory Graham Cracker snacks on top when we were are on a Finding Dory kick in our house:
Sometimes I throw in Chia Seeds for a healthy, adult cereal kick!
Always follow your pediatrician’s recommendations. Decisions on which foods/portions/textures/consistencies are safe for toddlers and children should always be made with your doctor. Get more information on healthy eating for kids at the American Academy of Pediatrics website.
More breakfast ideas for toddlers and kids:
- Breakfast Apple Nachos Recipe you won’t be able to resist!
- Easy breakfast Pancake sandwiches!
- This healthy twist on breakfast brownies will knock your socks off!
- S’mores Oatmeal Recipe
- Fluffy Hot Chocolate Pancake Recipe to warm your heart and fill your tummy!
I hope your kids love this toddler cereal recipe as much as 4 generations of my family does!